Porcelain Tiles – Step-by-Step Guide To Drilling
Would you like to learn how is drilling porcelain tiles handled? This short article will help you by giving simple steps that will be very important in your drilling activity. Drilling porcelain tiles would be necessary when you need to set up accessories in your bathroom or any other room that has porcelain tiles. To illustrate, by drilling the porcelain tiles, you’d be able to put bathroom shaving cabinet, a mirror, soap dish, towel rails, or maybe your bath and body products holder.
To begin your drilling activity, you have to first figure out what type of materials you’ll need to do the work. Listed below are the tools you’ll require:
Drill Bits of Diamond Core (Good Quality)
Masonry Drill Bits (Bundled w/ quality drill bits)
Drill Bit of Carbide Pilot ( use this if you will drill 13-mm hole or larger holes)
Equipment for Water Cooling
Safety Glasses or Goggles
These materials could be bought in different stores. You can just buy these before proceeding with your drilling activity. You ought to make sure of the quality of the equipments first to ensure the result of the drilling can be suitable for your need.
Another thing you should take into consideration with drilling porcelain tiles is the hole sizes you are about to create. It’s fairly important for the size or diameter of the hole determines how large the drill bit you are about to use.
After selecting the diameter of the holes you are about to drill and setting up the tools you will need for the drilling, you can start to commence drilling your porcelain tiles. Ensure you don your safety goggles to keep your eye free from particles as well as avoidance of electric shock with RCD.
These proceeding steps will be for holes about 10mm or less in diameter using diamond cores.
- Put an indicator at the hole’s center. Either you employ a sticky tape or simply a lead pencil.
- Get the right size of the diamond core bit. After that, attach it to the electric drill. Ensure that there’s a supply of water from any cooling gear is at a constant. (Water cooling devices are essential in keeping it sure that there is a constant cool temperature in the diamond core bit and this will prevent debris while drilling the hole. Stay away from mobile aspirator or wet sponge, for these do not render sufficient coolant to the diamond core bit.)
- Your drill must be positioned between 1000 & 1500 rpm. Choosing the marker as a marking tool, it is most appropriate to apply the “Leaning In” method.
- Method of Leaning In- With an angle, you’ll start to drill. When you see the drill cuts the tile, your drill must remain in horizontal position. Make sure that there is adequate pressure laid and turn the drill until the hole is fully drilled.
- Method using Sticky tape- Set sticky tape on the wall exactly where you need the hole. This’ll help to stop the drill bit from slipping.
- Tip- I received an excellent tip from www.tfo.com.au. Once the hole has started, don’t use too much pressure have the drill do the work